[Question #76490]: Ati Open source radeon driver Server settings

 Newb Open source ATI Driver Mobility x700
Hi I am trying to get improved graphics on my Ati Radeon Mobitily X700,on jaunty. So I followed the instructions for installing the open source ATI drivers. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver. But on restarting X server I get an error saying it is running in low graphics mode and gives me option to repair or view the errors etc.

>From the logs it fails in the ""Undefined InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" referenced by ServerLayout "Default Layout"."
I referenced this out and then it failed in the mouse section.

How do I find out what the input device settings are?
Thanks

My current xorg.conf
Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "vesa"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

My trial version of xorg.conf
Section "Device"
Identifier "X700"
Driver "ati"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "X700"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
SubSection "Display"
Modes "1440x900" "1024x768"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen "Default Screen"
InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

************************************************** **************

Xorg.0.log

X.Org X Server 1.6.0
Release Date: 2009-2-25
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.24-23-server i686 Ubuntu
Current Operating System: Linux james-laptop 2.6.28-13-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 19:49:51 UTC 2009 i686
Build Date: 09 April 2009 02:10:02AM
xorg-server 2:1.6.0-0ubuntu14 (buildd@rothera.buildd)
Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Jul 7 22:01:41 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
Data incomplete in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Undefined InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" referenced by ServerLayout "Default Layout".
(EE) Problem parsing the config file
(EE) Error parsing the config file

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

(WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
(WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: VT_GETSTATE failed: Bad file descriptor
ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log

Thanks for any help