[Question #76627]: NetworkManager overwriting iptables on boot-up

My dad's 8.10 desktop has two Ethernet adapters, and I tried to set up ICS.  I mis-typed one of the commands, though, and so now NetworkManager overwrites the iptables filter table to block anything coming through eth0 (the one connecting to Internet). He found out how to fix this temporarily, but every time we boot Ubuntu, NetworkManager overwrites the tables so we can't get Internet.  We dual-boot, though, so all is not lost, but can someone tell me how to fix NetworkManager so it doesn't overwrite the iptables?