Re: [Question #76465]: Want to install a program not in the registry

ponchik is still having a problem:
Hi Johan Van de Wauw,

I think we're getting close(r). I did the [browse] instead of typing the
path and i no longer get the error, but i actually don't get anything at
all now!

There's some discrepancy I noticed with my results and Marco's
instructions. In particular, I don't think I have a $HOME/.cronometer
directory. (what's the difference between $HOME and /home/ anyway?).

And just for some more info, the website I downloaded the program from
has a screen shot here http://spaz.ca/cronometer/ . So I'm pretty sure
that if everything works I should get a *window* to open, whereas I've
only ever seen terminal output by following the instructions posted
here.