Re: [Question #76465]: Want to install a program not in the registry

ponchik confirmed that the question is solved:
Ok, I did a little experimenting of the following sort:

In Marco's instructions, he says to replace the contents of the .sh file
with what is written in his post. I did *almost* that. Instead of the
line

java -cp
cronometer.jar:jcommon-1.0.10.jar:jfreechart-1.0.6.jar:swingx-0.9.3.ja

I use

ava -cp
cronometer.jar:jcommon-1.0.10.jar:jfreechart-1.0.6.jar:swingx-0.9.3.jar:cronometer.jar:usda_sr21.jar:crdb_003.jar:docs.jar
ca.spaz.cron.CRONOMETER

which was the last line of the original .sh file I downloaded. Doing
this has caused the program to run. I have also successfully created a
desktop launcher. Thank you to Marco and Johan for your very clear and
helpful answers. You have renewed my faith in the ubuntu community!