Re: [Question #76746]: hardy masthead uninstall marketing

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
If you want to remove apps you don't need then open 2 terminals (or one
wirh 2 tabs)

in one run:

dpkg -l | less

and the other type:

sudo apt-get --purge remove

but do NOT press enter, you can then read through the installed app list and remove what you no longer need to save space. My rercommendations for consideration are:
openoffice.org - saves 500Mb
evolution
gimp
evince
ppp
rdesktop
old kernel's you no longer boot to - saves 100Mb per kernel
most of the xserver-xorg-video-*  packages (e.g. If you have an nvidia graphics adapter you will never need voodoo, trident or intel video drivers)

You can get the disk usage down quite favourably.

This is how I interpretted your question with its heavily misplaced
parenthesis. If I am waaay off then can you please clarify the question.

Thanks.