[Question #76808]: System won't update

What I am trying to do is install new packages and install updates to the system. When I try to update the system, this is the output I get:

(Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 files list file for package `libqt4-svg' is missing final newline
jesse@jesse-laptop:~$

I am running 9.04 Jaunty