Re: [Question #76797]: bad suggestions for keyboard on 9.04 install

Svish is still having a problem:
@Vihar: Not sure if I understand what you mean there... If a person
doesn't know what kind of keyboard layout he has, how do you expect him
to select the correct one in the first place? And why would someone with
a non-latin layout want to switch to a latin layout? Especially if he
doesn't have much computer experience. And in that case I would say it
is also highly unlikely that he has a non-standard keyboard layout. It
is most likely a computer bought in a store nearby and it probably has a
keyboard which corresponds to whatever area he lives in, and therefore
what area he selects in the timezone thing. He would also most likely be
able to guess that he needed to change something in Step 3 if he
selected UK as timezone and got French for suggested keyboard layout
(Although that shouldn't happen).

Also, I would say it is highly unlikely that a person not being able to
guess what keyboard layout he has will be doing an Ubuntu install
himself anyways :p