Re: [Question #76845]: Memory leaks is happening in my machine. How to solve this

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
OK so we have a 64Bit Hardy install on kernel 2.6.24-24

I am unable to verify these values as "normal" as I do not use many of
the apps you use.

Pidgin on my system is using about the same amount of ram though.

Maybe someone else can verify these values on a gnome/ubuntu system.