Re: [Question #76774]: Hardware test fails at "video test running"

RayArdia is still having a problem:
OK did all that the ran Update and Upgrade. output from 'uname -a' is

'Linux RayLaptop 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59
UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux'

Haven't the foggiest what that means, but I'm sure you do.

Re video:- since there doesn't seem to be a Hardware Test listed under
System Admin I inserted a DVD to check it. Movie Player chosen, error
plugin not available, searched with resul 'No packages with the
requested plugins found. The requested plugins are:  DVD Source.' Same
result when trying to play video from BBC.

I don't seem to be out of the wood yet!