[Question #76880]: unable to mount floppy

I am trying to help a fellow new comer to Ubuntu get his up and operating.  We can not get the floppy to work or be recognized by Unix.  It worked on Microsoft before.  Here is the output of /etc/fstab
eorge@george-desktop:~$ cat /etc/fstab
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# /dev/sda5
UUID=4cf16bf4-944e-4646-aed2-ee1870bdeea4 /               ext3    relatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /dev/sda6
UUID=31a4ce2b-3a96-4ffe-bd63-3180b9a072e7 none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0
/dev/fd0/media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

george@george-desktop:~$

The last line was not there originally, I added it using gedt thinking that that would correct the problem but no such luck.  Any suggestions please.  Rodney