Re: [Question #76918]: How can I use Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01) with 9.04?

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
have you put the file firmware wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o in /lib?

you will need:

sudo cp firmware wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o /lib

make sure BEFORE you run it that when you type

ls

(pronounced ell-ess)

that you see the filename, if not then you will need to use 'cd' and 'cd
..' just like in DOS to naviigate to the location of the file.

For example,

If you downloaded the files to your desktop (The default in firefox (no
idea why I think  its ridiculous)) then you will need to run:

cd ~/Desktop

then you can run

ls

again to check you are in the correct location