Re: [Question #54641]: i have in hp all inone it print but dont scan

Question #54641 on xsane in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+question/54641

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     I have an HP All-in-one (specifically Officejet 6500 Wireless) that
didn't work for scanning, either.  Go to the HP driver link and get the
updated driver, follow the directions carefully.  Seems as though while
following directions, I noted there were a couple things Ubuntu didn't
do (in the way of creating special directories/files).  One I got the
newer driver and followed the directions on installation from the
website, it worked!  HP driver pages were very friendly and provided
nice directions, but are not on the HP Website.  You need the updated
hplip driver.  Follow link at:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

     I'm pretty sure this will help you.  I find your printer (HP
Photosmart c3180 All-in-one Printer) listed as a supported model.
Select download from the link, select "Photosmart/Photosmart Pro" from
the drop-down list, and the c3180 for the printer model... pages step
you through installation pretty nicely.