Re: [Question #76926]: Uninstalling Ubunut 9.04

Tom proposed the following answer:
Oh drat.  I was sure that would fix it.  The problem seems to be
something inside Xp which we will have to look at tomorrow.  Trying the
"recovery mode"s "fsck check disk" ight be a good plan.  From the
terminal console you can look up what a command does by typing " --help"
or " -h" in straight after the command.  For example try typing in

fsck --help

to get a quick cheat-sheet on how to use the command.  I imagine that
"fsck" needs to be "sudo"d tho as it has potentially damaging
capabilities i'm sure.  Anyway, looking up the quick help guide should
be fine :)

Don't worry about the mistakes you made, it's all part of the process.  Sorry about mine too :)  You did well anyway, which is pretty impressive :)  Err, there are some other places worth trying to post this problem
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToGetHelp

Really tho it might be better to search around in "Places" for one of the "Media" as one of those should be your Xp partition.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)