Re: [Question #76654]: gdm refuses to start

baddison gave more information on the question:
I tried booting from the Ubuntu 9.04 live cd but this was not successful
either.  Right after everything finished loading off the cd, a bunch of
weird colors appeared on the screen and then the screen went blank.  For
some reason I'm not having any more issues with my graphics card in
Windows Vista.  I wonder why Windows Vista can boot up without any
problems but Ubuntu won't load (both from the hard drive and live cd).
This is very strange.  I will definitely take my computer to a computer
service store unless someone else has another idea.