[Question #77024]: Remote Control Settings

Hi there,

I have HP Slimline Desktop PC with in build TV Tuner Card and Remote.
I want to integrate my remote with my Ubuntu desktop. I did install lirc.
Derek White helped me in that. When i tested my remote using terminal. I was able to see that Ubuntu is able to detect any button I press in the remote.

Questions :-

1. Now I want to integrate my Music applications and Movie Player Application with my this remote. How can I do that?
2. Are there some existing Applications that will help me do that ?
3. How can I write my own code so that I can customize the functions when I use my remote? I am sure I can code the buttons I press in remote with some functionalities. can anyone help me in this?

Thanks,

Jagdeep (Jaggi)