[Question #77026]: Kooka lost main window

New question #77026 on kdegraphics in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdegraphics/+question/77026

Some how when I start Kooka it now presents two separated windows.

One titled 'KDE Scanning-Kooka' shows just a list of Gallery files.
The other headed 'Scan Preview' which shows a set of preview options and nothing else.

How do I get the original Main Window back? So I can scan as usual.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but the same thing happens, so it seems the program is faithfully remembering its last setting (whatever that is).

Thanks.