[Question #77040]: Jaunty 9.04 cannot recognize RaLink rt2860 chipset on MSI CR400

I have MSI CR400 Notebook.

I installed Jaunty 9.04 from the live CD.

Some of the devices can be recognized by Jaunty but some are not.

One of them is the RaLink rt2860 Wireless LAN chipset.

I have tried the method mentioned
here : https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/210725/comments/152 and
here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=683085&page=4.

However, both of them do not work for me.

The driver I used are downloaded from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html

which is RT2860PCI/mPCI/PCIe/CB(RT2760/RT2790/RT2860/RT2890) released on 05/21/2009.

I would like to know if anyone experience similar issue? Please share your ideas and suggestion. Thanks

Richard Cheung