[Question #77125]: hp j4580 printer installed, but scan not working

Ubutu version is 9.04 (jaunty)
Synaptic installed hplip-3.9.2-3 ubuntu4
Ran a reinstall with printer plugged in and printer works.

Error message when I try to scan from button on copier/scanner.

Tried to install software from cd icon on desktop/setup.exe.  Error message regarding unziping.

I have never installed software on linux before, so I'm totally out of my league.  Anybody have experience with this that can help me complete the install?

Please assist.

Thanks in advance.

Reid