[Question #77128]: set date time stamp on HP officejet 6500 fax printer copier

New question #77128 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77128

I replaced an HP Deskjet 895Cse printer with an HP Officejet 6500 aio printer/copier/fax.  I am using Ubuntu 8.04.  I need to set the date time stamp on the fax portion and can find no manual way to do it on the machine.  The instruction manual suggests this can be done on the fax header setup if the setup wizard from Windows or the setup utility from Mac OS X is installed.  I don't have either of these installed.  There is supposed to be information on the control panel available from the electronic user guide available on the computer after installing the software.  Is there a way to get this set up without trying to install a windows utility?