Re: [Question #76591]: java versions issue + java lag in ubuntu

ranjith gave more information on the question:
Hi

I installed java 6 but it didnt solve my issue. The following is the result
now.

donny@donny-laptop:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode)
donny@donny-laptop:~$

I have tried different browsers including opera and epiphany, but the java
applet of www.funkysnooker.com is very very slow. There is a clear lag. Not
only this website, but all other java applets are also very slow.

I use a HP laptop with AMD Turion, 3GB RAM, NVIDIA graphics card and Ubuntu
9.10

I have also tried googling for an answer but didnt find any !!

Pls help !

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM, marcobra (Marco Braida) <
question76591@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your question #76591 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/76591
>
> marcobra (Marco Braida) proposed the following answer:
> Might be you want to install sun-java6
>
> How to install Java
>
> To install sun-java6
>
> Please first enable the  multiverse repository:
>
> Open System → Administration → Software sources → [ Tab Ubuntu software ]
> enable "Software restrictecd by copyright or legal issue ( multiverse )"
> Close and confirm the repository reload.
>

> Then open a Terminal from the menu Applications → Accessories → Terminal
> and type:
>
> sudo aptitude update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> sudo aptitude install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin
>
> give your user password when requested, you don't see nothing when you
> type it, then press enter.
>
> and then select this as your default java jre with
>
> sudo update-java-alternatives
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/76591/+confirm?answer_id=3
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/76591
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.

Regards
Ranjith Boyanapalli
+91 97038 77797