Re: [Question #76749]: Eth0 not recognised

Question #76749 on gnome-nettool in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-nettool/+question/76749

ikaya gave more information on the question:
Thanks Al, sorry for the delay, I've been away for a couple of days.
Yes, I'm using gnome to manage the network (I think) but don't find it very helpful. I'd be happy to follow your advice and do it your way.
No, not using encryption as I've had problems with setting up the WEP for both Jaunty and Vista, I'm using MAC filtering only, but that's another story which may warrant a question/advice.
I connect only to a Netgear DGN2000 ADSL/wireless router and have one other laptop, running XP only.
I've tried to copy and paste the output from 'ifconfig' but it doesn't work. Can you tell me how to do it?
Thanks again.