[Question #77225]: Webcam opens without my control!

Hi,
I'm using an Asus Laptop and it has a built-in webcam. When it is active, a green light is on. For the last couple of days the webcam started to open a lot even though I did not want it to. It even started when I run absolutely no program at all, I just started the computer, a few minutes later, the webcam is on.

I installed Camera Monitor, it is a program that one can use to monitor the webcam. But it does not even start; when I look it up at System Monitor, there is a process named  cameramonitor but no tray icon or anything.

I tried to install EasyCam but since it does not work with Ubuntu 9.04, I couldn't do it.

I thought it might be a prank so I tried using my computer with and without internet connection/bluetooth and I use Firestarter(a firewall).

I recently switched from Windows therefore I don't really know much about linux, so please answer accordingly,

Thank you