[Question #77254]: Vista and Jaunty dual boot. Vista fails to boot

Vista installed first on Acer Aspire 5735 laptop 4GB RAM 250GB HDD, followed by Jaunty 9.04.
 Jaunty is fine but when I select Vista I get a screen (in Spanish, my Vista installed language - can't change it to English but that's a seperate beef about Microswindle) which tells me that Vista can't be started:-
'File \Windows\system32\winload.exe
State 0xc0000225
Information: Can't load the selected entry because application not found or damaged.'
Naturally I haven't been supplied with a Vista bootable CD! (though the first line after problem is stated is "insert your Windows Installation disk....")
There are two options, ESC takes me back to the boot selection screen, Enter (Continue)  gives:-
Choose system, there's one option, Vista, or select Windows memory diagnostic tools ....... and that takes me back to first error screen  ".........insert your Windows disk....".
Back into Ubuntu, Partiton Editor shows partition layout as:-
/dev/sda (232.88GB)
/dev/sda1 ntfs Label ACER 40.99 GB contains Acer software + Vista
/dev/sda2 extended (191.89GB)
   /dev/sda5 ext3 Mount point / 184.07 GB, 169.94 free
   /dev/sda6 linux-swap 7.82 GB
Since it has taken me several days struggle, reading all the (most of it at least partly helpful) advice here, on Ubuntu Forums and elsewhere, to get to this pont and  I really don't want to screw things up at this stage.

Please, nice and simply if possible, what should I do next?