[Question #77267]: Ubuntu on PowerPC

I've finally made to install Ubuntu on an old iMac G3. Thank you for making that CD, I could finally install Ubuntu.
But I recognize some problems in Synaptic. Many programs can not be installed because of lacking  dependencies.
The computer is OK for, say browsing, but I can not install programs like Gambas or Lazarus.
Have anyone found a way around these problems? I made to install an alternative for Java, but many other programs can not be installed.