[Question #77289]: Installation of Jaunty freezes at "Computing partition" screen.

Firstly, my decision to switch to Linux comes because of an unrelenting getting my GPU's to work with Vista Ultimate 64.  Specs are as follows:

i7 920
EVGA X58 mobo (SZ2F Bios version)
12G Patriot DDR3 1600 RAM
3X BFGTech GTX280H2OC (Driver v186.18)
Silverstone Zeus 1200W PSU

... and, oh yeah... Vista Ultimate 64.

I found a solution to the driver issue, for said cards, in other parts of the Ubuntu forums, but it was (obviously) Ubuntu-specific, so I opted to finally get off my duff and make the switch I'd been thinking about for a while.

Here's the current difficulty:  When I begin the Live CD install, from bootup, I get all the way to "Computing partition size" with the completion bar reading 100% before it's even begun, and then the system will not go any farther.  I let it run last night, thinking maybe it was simply taking longer than my frequently limited patience, and when I woke up this AM, it was still at the same screen.

Have I just missed an answer in the help section, or is it likely that something in my PC is just horribly, horribly mangled?