Re: [Question #77114]: No sound from ATI Radeon 4870X2 2Gb - On Ubuntu 9.04 64 Bits

Fernando is still having a problem:

Hello Mark,

Could you help me to install ATI proprietary driver?
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_cat95-inst.pdf

I typed:
xi@xi-desktop:~$ sh ./ati-driver-installer-9-6-x86.x86_64.run

but I got error:
sh: Can't open ./ati-driver-installer-9-6-x86.x86_64.run

When HD4870X2 run in Vista 64, I first installed ATI proprietary driver.
Now, my HD runs Ubuntu 9.04 64 bits only.

I appreciate your support.

> To: fernando_stones@xxxxxxxxxxx
> From: question77114@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [Question #77114]: No sound from ATI Radeon 4870X2 2Gb	-	On	Ubuntu 9.04 64 Bits
> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:34:29 +0000
>
> Your question #77114 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/77114

> Mark Rijckenberg proposed the following answer:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> When I wrote "try one of these alternatives", I meant - for example - to
> replace the line
>
> options snd-hda-intel model=3stack
>
> in the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
>
> with this line
>
> options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig
>
> where the model option is from this list:
>
>  AD1988/AD1988B/AD1989A/AD1989B
>    6stack 6-jack
>    6stack-dig ditto with SPDIF
>    3stack 3-jack
>    3stack-dig ditto with SPDIF
>    laptop 3-jack with hp-jack automute
>    laptop-dig ditto with SPDIF
>    auto auto-config reading BIOS (default)
>
> After every change to the  /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file, you need
> to save the changed file, reboot and retest sound.
>
> Can you please send us the output of the following command (as well) ?
>
> sudo lshw -C sound
>
> where lshw is LSHW but in small letters
>
> Did you try these procedures as well?
>
> http://vaioubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/hdmi-works/
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/68942
> http://vaioubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/hdmi-sound-output-switcher-for-pulseaudio/
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/77114/+confirm?answer_id=6
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/77114
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.

Conheça os novos produtos Windows Live! Clique aqui.
http://www.windowslive.com.br