Re: [Question #77411]: Getting pass the download window

Question #77411 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77411

Campbell proposed the following answer:
As far as I can see your laptop uses an Ubuntu derivative made by HP.
A great guide to Ubuntu can be found at
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Jaunty.   If you follow this link:
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Jaunty#Ubuntu_Package_Installation_and_Updates
it talks about software installations.  I suggest you use Google to look
for "popular linux applications" in order to get started.

You cannot run exe files in linux (unless you are using a windows
emulator).

For limewire if you go to http://www.limewire.com/download/?os=linux you
can download a .deb file (the linux equivalent to an exe).  You will
want to open it with the gDEBI package installer, which should be an
option in the firefox download open-now menu.

ubuntuforums.org is another great resource for new users.