[Question #77431]: Yelp won't start or hangs

New question #77431 on yelp in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/77431

When selecting the Ubuntu Jaunty System Menu option "help and Support", the browser starts, but nothing loads, showing the error pop-up "unable to load page - The requested URI "file:///fakefile#index" is invalid" message.  The pop-up can be closed and then the browser can be closed.  When selecting the ? from the panel, or selecting help from many applications, such Synaptic Package Manager, the browser opens and then hangs.  There are no error messages and soon the window hangs, requiring a restart of X.

I've reinstalled yelp and both the GNOME and Ubuntu documentation packages.  Nothing changes.  I'm running Firefox-3.5.1 for Ubuntu on Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.26.18-13 generic with GNOME 2.26.1.

Thanks for your assistance, Jerry A