Re: [Question #77443]: GRUB Error 18 - URGENT HELP PLEASE

Ashwin Mathur is still having a problem:
Hi Tom,

I get the following error when I open Applications - Accessories -
Terminal and type  sudo fdisk -l   at    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ prompt.

Luckily I could manage to take a screen shot of the terminal window. Please see the attachment.
To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo fdisk -1
fdisk: invalid option -- '1'

Usage: fdisk [-b SSZ] [-u] DISK     Change partition table
       fdisk -l [-b SSZ] [-u] DISK  List partition table(s)
       fdisk -s PARTITION           Give partition size(s) in blocks
       fdisk -v                     Give fdisk version
Here DISK is something like /dev/hdb or /dev/sda
and PARTITION is something like /dev/hda7
-u: give Start and End in sector (instead of cylinder) units
-b 2048: (for certain MO disks) use 2048-byte sectors

Is it the right thing that I am doing or I am doing something wrong. Glued to your reply and trying in all earnest to folllow to the T.

Cheers !
Ashwin.

Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click.
Visit http://www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!