Re: [Question #77437]: Fresh install, cant see other drives or files

Question #77437 on nautilus in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/77437

vgwike is still having a problem:
Problem solved......Tom I was able to use the install dvd to preveiw
ubuntu but could not open any file structure stuffs. But the system was
telling me I did not have enough memory to perform a diagnostic
something or other. That was odd because I was only using about 18
percent of the ram at that time. Then I decided to partition the drive
from within the demo. I did that and then reinsstalled the system. When
I woke up this morning and tested the file manager much to my surprise
and pleasure ....it worked. Thats three times I installed it so I guess
it's true what they say, third times a charm. The only thing I did
differently was partition the drive from within ubuntu. Now if I can
just get these systems to recognize there respective modems. They both
work great with the DSL but I only have that at the shop and so at home
I'm offline. Thanks for your reply Tom. Its nice to have some help with
this stuff. I need to maybe find an online course in linux so I can
better understand whats  to do with a few things that are diferent from
windows.

Handyman Franchises. Click Here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/BLSrjpYbiOJZrr8JS2tyRQZabk8XetStIlQGoMIrbHNQ1KDh5OFAJRbyYBi/