[Question #77473]: manipulating booting flash drive for storage

hi. i've got the recent ubuntu jaunty version which i installed on my flash drive. it has around 900 MB of free space left which i wanna use to store other files. however i can't use the remaining space on the flash drive whenever i boot from it as it won't mount it for me. any help would be appreciated.