[Question #77480]: Should it be taking hours to burn the disk?

It seems to go pretty quickly, then during this section called checksum, it takes hours and sounds like chicken scratch or a broken record. The numbers go up and then they go down in terms of how much time is left, but the numbers are inaccurate in terms of real time. So should it take hours at 4x speed? This has occurred with two different external burners - the long burning time and the chicken scratch sound. One disk that I let go on for hours until it completed had numerous errors.

Someone said on another website that you need disks over 700mb to run Ubuntu but I checked and they don't seem to make them so I assume that that is not the problem.