Re: [Question #77480]: Should it be taking hours to burn the disk?

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hmmm, this is odd.  Please can you try a much lighter distro and see if that works?  Also it would be good to try a distro from a different family because it could just be an issue with xorg.conf - in which case we might be able to copy it.  Please try Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0 - the betas are good but not much smaller so try the Hunter 1.1.0
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=wolvix

SliTaz is even smaller and is also from yet another family
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slitaz

Wolvix (the Hunter version) and Knoppix have excellent hardware detection so they should deal with what's beginning to look like a graphics issue that could be fixable, if we could work out details.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)