[Question #77496]: 8.04 Problem with Software Sources

I'm an absolute novice as far as Linux is concerned.  I want to upgrade from 8.04 to 9.04 and understand that I have to upgrade to 8.10 first.  I have studied all the information on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades but I cannot follow the instructions as my Software Sources screen is quite different from the one shown on that page.  I have only three tabs (no Ubuntu Software nor Statistics) and the Updates tab only has "Automatic updates" with "Check for updates", "Download all updates in the background" and "Only notify about available updates" options.

There is no "Ubuntu updates" nor "Release upgrade" option.  I gather I need the latter in order to download the 8.10 files.  So, I seem to be stuck at the first fence!

Any suggestions please?