[Question #77494]: my cd/dvd burner does not mount with ubuntu

New question #77494 on yelp in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/77494

Hi, could anyone help me?

I'm new with ubuntu. I installed it a few days ago and I thougth everything was working well, but now I realize that my Matsita CD/DVD burner is not working. If I try to burn a cd or dvd, the message normalizing tracks appears on the screen and no driving speed is visible, neither matsita drive light.
It also does not read dvd-s.

Thanks

Txomin