[Question #77565]: [Jaunty] rt3090 driver not work with WPA/WPA2

New question #77565 on linux in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/77565

I have a MSI CR400 notebook and I have installed the RaLink driver :
http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2009_0612_RT3090_Linux_STA_V2.1.0.0_DPO.tar.gz

The device can work with WEP encryption and NO encryption but not WPA or WPA2.

I have tried the method suggested by this post :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/339891/comments/35

However, I get compilation error when I try to replace cmm_wpa.c
The error is something like this .... cmm_wpa.c error stray '\357'

I have no idea why it cannot connect to the WPA / WPA2 network. It just keep asking me to provide the password.

Are there any solution yet?

Richard Cheung