Re: [Question #77583]: Profile directory path changed

enawn00 is still having a problem:
I have three files in my /userile directory. They are : .bash _history,
.bash _logout, .bashrc. I also have a file called .profile. The contents
of this file is as follows.mask is set in

#~/.profile: executed by the command interpreter. for loging shells.
# This file is not read by bash(1), if  ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bash_login
# exists.t
# see /user/share/doc/bash/exaples/startup-files for examples.
# the files are located in the bash-doc package.

# The default umask is set in /etc/profile; for setting the umask
# for ssh logins, install and configure the libpam-umaks package.
#umask 022

#if running bash
if  [ -n "$BASH_VERSION" ]; then
    # include .bashrc if it exists
    if  [ -f "$HOME/.bashrc" ]; then
        . "$HOME/.bashrc"
   fi
fi

# set PAYH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if  [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
       PATH="$HOME/ bin:$PATH"

fi

Will .profile work?