Re: [Question #77588]: Why is Rails so far behind? 2.3 has been stable for months and we are still stuck with 2.1!

Question #77588 on rails in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rails/+question/77588

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
Yes I do not use rails, but there is this ideology in Linux that new
users have that "later version number == better" which simply isn't
true. This can apply to ANY app and is not rails specific.

The nature of Ubuntu allows you to add your own repos to get the apps
you need. I'm sure you will have done it for other apps, why not this
one.

You can propose this on the Ubuntu site for the next release. Maybe it
will get included.