Re: [Question #77699]: how do other people know I am on line?

Question #77699 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77699

Vihar proposed the following answer:
May be it,s due to Yahoo. If you are registered there it is possible they have the options letting your "yahoo-friends" to know you are online.
If so look arond in your yahoo home options to switch out the, to say, "I'm online" option.