[Question #77772]: While logged in as a user, I cannot install updates. Even though I know the root password and enter it when prompted the updater says it is incorrect. Ran into the same issue installing the flash player. I am an experience unix sys admin, and have run Fedora for some years. What's wrong here?

While logged in as a user, I cannot install updates. Even though I know the root password and enter it when prompted the updater says it is incorrect. Ran into the same issue installing the flash player. I am an experience unix sys admin, and have run Fedora for some years. What's wrong here?

Also, I cannot login to the gui desktop as root. That also says 'Wrong Password'