[Question #77811]: Ubuntu fails to boot except on a partition.

1- I dont know why but if I try to boot Ubuntu from anything other than a harddrive it doesnt work. the boot fails.
2- I need to have a flashdrive with ubuntu 9.04 on it made by unetbootin and I need to have unetbootin put ubuntu on a partition, then the ubuntu installation uses that partition.
3- AND I cant install ubuntu because when I try to, it has conflicts with other partitions.