[Question #77818]: Brother 7420 MFC and Xsane Imaging

Hi I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and my capability to use the scanner in a Brother 7240 MFC has just gone.  I have re-loaded the relevant drivers to no effect.  On firing up Xsane the application sees the MFC as an available device and when I click to connect the following error message comes up "failed to open device 'brother2:bus4;dev1': error during device I/O".

I can print but not scan.  Scanner has worked since loading Ubnutu 9.04 but this condition has just appeared in the past couple of days.  Any suggestions please.

thanks

M2C