Re: [Question #77939]: Cannot get OSS to work with my Creative X-FI soundcard

Scædugenga gave more information on the question:
I found a thread that I felt might help, just after posting this
(Question #67089, asked on 2009-04-10  by Mockers) and so I figured I'd
give it a shot.

Here is the transcript of what happened:

michael@michael-desktop:~$ cd desktop
bash: cd: desktop: No such file or directory
michael@michael-desktop:~$ sudo cd Desktop
[sudo] password for michael:
sudo: cd: command not found
michael@michael-desktop:~$ sudo make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
michael@michael-desktop:~$

Obviously, I didn't push too far into unfamiliar territory; much like
Mockers, I'm an utter beginner (I don;\'t count my very very limited
practice with iDirect modems as any real experience) but I get the
-very- distinct impression I've bungled something, somewhere.