Re: [Question #77891]: OpenPGP .... no keyring?

Larry Jordan confirmed that the question is solved:
     I tried using seahorse and kgpg; they didn't work either, but didn't give any useful error messages (in fact, I got pretty much what is in the but report).
     After reading the bug report and checking my files, I got:

larry@HPLinux-desktop:~$ ls -l ~/.gnupg/*.gpg
-rw------- 1 larry larry  0 2009-07-17 22:44 /home/larry/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
-rw------- 1 root  root   0 2009-07-18 10:09 /home/larry/.gnupg/secring.gpg
-rw------- 1 larry larry 40 2009-07-22 21:37 /home/larry/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg

     Of course, I understand the file should be mine, not root's, so I
immediately did a sudo chown and sudo chgrp:

-rw------- 1 larry larry  0 2009-07-17 22:44 /home/larry/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
-rw------- 1 larry larry  0 2009-07-18 10:09 /home/larry/.gnupg/secring.gpg
-rw------- 1 larry larry 40 2009-07-22 21:37 /home/larry/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg

     Can't say how permissions were changed in the first place; have never created a pgp before.  Never thought I would need/use "PGP", but seems I need one for signing the Code of Conduct and perhaps to sign packages.
     Anyway, it works now.  Thanks.