[Question #78079]: very slow boot up

i am using jaunty(upgraded from intrepid). My system is
1GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, intel DualCore 2.5 GHz processor, Gigabyte G31 motherboard, 250 GB HDD,
Filesystem is 42 GB:16GB free.
my boot up time was about 80 seconds.
i removed many unnecessary items from System>Preferences>Startup and System>Administration>Services  but that contributed only few seconds.
My boot time still about 72 seconds. It's too much annoying.