Re: [Question #78096]: 9.04 install, system monitor says 2.3GiB used 97% full cannot install updates. 20G HDD dual boot with xp about 7g free

Connor Imes proposed the following answer:
Hi Paul,
There have been problems recently with people installing Ubuntu, and the installer not giving your root partition enough space by default.  Have a look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1219270
I expect that is the problem you are dealing with.  Please let me know if you need more help, and good luck.