Re: [Question #77496]: 8.04 Problem with Software Sources

Question #77496 on update-manager in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+question/77496

Trenoweth confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks very much to all who tried to help with this problem - as a
result I am a lot wiser about the Dell version of Ubuntu and its
shortcomings!  I have now made a clean install of 9.04 which was an
absolute breeze!  Mr Gates, W., could learn a thing or two from the
simplicity of that operation (even if I did use his OS to download the
file and create a bootable USB memory stick!).