Re: [Question #78113]: ubuntu 9.04 does not start ..and I have to press Ctrl D.

Tom proposed the following answer:
Please let us know how this is going or if it's going to be difficult to
download the Ubuntu file.  There are usually ways around these things.
Hopefully someone else will be in soon and be able to help from here so
please let us know how you're doing.  I seem to remember ActionParsnip
gave an excellent answer for this last time if you get a chance to try
looking up answer in the Solved Answer database

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)