Re: [Question #68969]: Not enough free disk space after upgrading to 9.04

Tom posted a new comment:
Hi kakofonix,

I have pasted your questions within my answers and comments below.

(First post ever in a linux forum!!)

Welcome to Ubuntu!

1)What I cant understand is why dont I have the choise of downloading
something in a different place (par example my windows partition) and
then running it...

I have never tried it, but the Ubuntu CD will let you install Ubuntu as
an "application" under Windows.  I think it still uses the Grub loader
to let you choose which OS to run at startup.

2)and Is there any faster easier way to fix this? I manually made the
partitions in the installation of 9.04 that i'm currently running but
still have the same problem!! Maybe I just didnt give it enough space...

That is possible.  I gave mine 12 GB and I am still running that same
install.  I have downloaded numerous updates since then.  I have also
installed third party software, such as Lotus Notes.  I have not had the
disk space issue again.

3)What will happen if I use this way of fixing the problem and then use
up all my linux disk space? I wont be able to download stuff and updates
like now?? Please enlighten me!

Yes, if you run out of disk space you can't download or install updates
or new software.  This is the case with any OS.

Thanx in advance!

You are welcome!

(I admit I didnt give enough time studying linux file system -Basic
theory etc..)

That's okay - you will learn plenty if you keep pursuing it!