[Question #78130]: NVIDIA version 180

Hi

I am a new user to Ubuntu. Actually a new use to Linux totally. I install Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop. (Acer 5738). It has a built in NVIDIA graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce G105M). I installed Ubuntu and then was looking at the different things i can do in the new OS. I wanted to enable Visual effect and it asked me to enable my graphics card. When i tried to do that, it asked for an upgrade to version 180.(by default. didn't give me any choice). After the install, when i rebooted my system, I see 6 desktop screens . I mean the screen was divided into 6. (3 on each side) I can use the system but its very small and again ...has 6 screens...Then, when i remove the driver and reboot, everything seems fine but i'm unable to enable my graphics card. Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP??????

As i said i am new to this...so if ask me provide any details or logs messages....pls let me know how to do it.